Monday, June 20, 2005

Shopaholic....

Well, comparing this book or genre to what you guys have been reading, this is like majalah picisan ajer... Anyway, this is a story that suits those who wants to do some light reading without really using your brains to dechiper anything...

I haven't really read the whole Shopaholic series... so far, I've read the Confessions of a Shopaholic and Shopaholic takes Manhattan... For me, the books suits my need and it is also a book that entices without being too overwhelming and interests you without wanting to take up all of your time... (which is why it is suitable for me ~ juggling time between works, study and family...)

The story revolves around Becky Bloomwood (who has the most captivating personality!) who is sorta like a financial whiz... yet somehow she manages to get in debt... and it somehow seemsfamiliar yet frightening... I mean reading through the book gives you the impression that you are her and the situation somehow seems familiar.... Very disconcerting....

The book also shows us how faith and hardwork will help you acheive what you want... I mean she was actually bankrupt, but managed to get over that bankrupcy... What an astounding achievement... That's why its fiction!! hahahahahaha...

I guess, for me the book is definately suitable for light readings... And if any of you wanna read Confessions of a Shopaholic... I have it in my bookcase...somewhere!!

4 comments:

Ayu Ikhwani said...

Shopaholic series!!!

You know, I really like keeping my eye on Popular's book seller and before Dan Brown conquered the list, this Shopaholic series was the King (or rather Queen) of the best sellers.. tp tak pernah ade peluang nak beli though it caught my curious mind.. nak pinjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammm!!! Heheh

~The Urban Factor~ said...

hehehehe....no way Ayu!!!Saya nak pinjaaammmm duluuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!

KyleWorthington said...

I was just surfing around the net when I stumbled across your blog. Interesting! Book reviews eh? Cool! Glad you liked The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. Currently it's my favorite novel. For your info, DVC is currently filming starring Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon, Audrey Tautou (Amelie) as Sophie Neveu, Sir Ian McKellen (Gandalf in LOTR) as Leigh Teabing and Jean Reno as Captain Bezu Fache. It will be out in 2006, and directed by Ron Howard (A Beautiful Mind). Since you also liked Harry Potter, I wonder what your review of the upcoming novel (Half-Blood Prince) might be. Oh yeah, have you read The Bartimaeus Trilogy?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0382625/

Anonymous said...

i think sophie kinsella is really one of the "picisan" writer. I have one of her book, Can You Keep A Secret?..it's a light reading book..and like soraya said, u don't have to think much to understand the storyline. nak seronok2 boleh la. it's like u watch the malay movies for fun. Anyway, the book is about a girl named Emma who has a few little secrets and one day she spills them all to a stranger on a plane. It happened that the stranger is her big boss at her office. So the stories goes on how she react at the office and finally fall in love with his boss and the boss pun fall in love with her.
okay think thats all for now, might drop by again after this.