Sunday, June 19, 2005

The Prophecy of The Stone

Title: The Prophecy of The Stone
Author: Flavia Bujor
Translated from The French by Linda Coverdale


This book is not on the best-sellers list......

It is an extremely childish work compared to Dan Brown's..

But it will bring you into a world full of HOPE and FANTASY....

So...

If u ever dream of visiting the Land of Fairytale...

Go and grab the book... As ur wish would then be fulfilled.........

Okie, okie enuff advertisement there..hahaha...I got the book last weekend. I was bored silly with nothing to do, and I'd been re-reading all the books on my racks for soooo many times that I knew most of it by heart (especially the Harry Potter series). And since I was (still am) infected with the "Harry Potter" fever and and couldn't take my mind off the Harry Potter HBP, I thought that MAYBE if I read some fantasy stories, then my "temperature" could be reduced...hehehe...

So, while I was browsing around at the Fantasy sections (of Prangin Mall Popular), my eyes was laid upon "The Prophecy of the Stones"-at first I wasn't THAT attracted to buy it due to the childish layout, but when I read the synopsis at the back...I was hooked up. (Mainly because it did mention Harry Potter at the back there..hehehe). So I decided that it would make a nice, leisure reading for the weekend. And I bought it...

Three Girls....Three Stones...One Destiny....(Man!Dunno why I'm always attracted to books with that kind of headings!)...

Anyway, this book tells the story of three different girls from very different background who were destined to be united by the three stones they were born with. They were named after their birth stones...Jade, Opal and Amber. Jade who is the Daughter of the Duke of Divulyon led an extremely pompous life. Opal who lived with her grand aunt, and grand-grand aunt, is a girl that hides her emotions very well. She seemed like she was incapable of FEELING, but it changed after she met the other girls. Amber was a peasant girl who led life with HOPE and dreams. She saw beauty in every being on earth...in the stars, in the sun, even in her pains and sufferings. She was hapy with her life until DEATH took her mother away.

The girls-who were born on the same day- found out on their 14th birthday that they were required to set on a quest -leaving their homes and families, to face enemies in the land of Fairytale where magic reigns and evil is unknown. And armed only with their magical stones, they embarked on this epic journey in search of GOODNESS that will fight the evil that has spread throughout the world.Along the way, they found out that they were well-known in the legend as the three girls who would lead the Army of Lights (the good people in the Land of Fairytale) to fight the evil that ruled the world. Together they journeyed through the unknown in order to fulfill The Prophecy that was written hundreds of years ago by a wise man.

Although they met as strangers-and was told by their gurdians that they were to be enemies, the girls discovered friendship as they learned to trust one another with their secret, and their life. They also learned that in order to succeed with the epic task, they've got to BELIEVE in their capability and have faith in one another.

"From the shadows will come the Chosen One
To unify the Realm
And lead into the light
As a King who must not reign,
Crowned in the name of the Gift.
Three Stones, three young girls:
One will discover the Gift.
One will recognize the King.
One will convince the two others to die.
Of three stones, only one fate will remain..."

Towards the end of this story, the three young heroine met the Chosen One; one of them recognized and confirmed that he is indeed the Chosen One, the other girl discovered the Gift that was entrusted to them upon their birth, while the other one.....persuaded the others to DIE....

Ha!!!So if u want to know more...go get the book.And as for the ratings,I'd give this book 3 stars out of 5. It's a good try for an author of 13 years old, and a first novel at that. It won't beat Harry Potter or many other fantasy stories I've read, but at least here's a light, fantasy book that can be read by children and girls as well as boys alike.

2 comments:

Ayu Ikhwani said...

Woweeee.. author dia baru umo 13 tawun ke? Sgt kagum aaa..

Sentot, I have a confession to make.. I tried to write a children's book masa cuti SPM hahahahaahh.. percaya tak? so far, I've only told that to.. sape eh? Rasa cam ade citer kat someone but I can't remember who.. anyway, the draft is still in the computer at home in Penang.. dah panjang dah but then I realized my stories VERY influenced by Enid blyton (mentang² nak buat citer budak²) so I stopped.. waaaaaaaa!

~The Urban Factor~ said...

lorhhhh!!!!wei...ayu email la to me...saya ble baca then saya bagi encouragement utk awak nanti.Kalau awak dapat publish...mana tau jadi kaya...JK Rowling the 2nd...hehehe...ble la saya cita kat orang"That's my fren!"....hehehe...but seriously...bagi la saya baca!!!!