Wednesday, January 07, 2015

The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks



I'm thinking of more like a 3.75 stars rating.. and not because its not that good!

I fell in love with Sparks when I first read The Wedding. The oh-so-sweet twist in the end made me swoon and from then on, I was always alert of his books whenever I went to local bookstores.

This book however does not have much of a grip on me as others.. in other words, I could actually stop at any chapter to do something else instead of wanting to read at one go. I rushed through some parts (my bad) particularly the parts when Denise was teaching Kyle. It took me by surprise (and made me regret my rushed reading) when I realized the method Denise used was devised by the author himself for helping his own son. THAT made me look at those parts in a very much different way.

All in all, it was predictable, though the misfortune towards the end was something I wish hadn't happened as it was a bit too gut-wrenching for someone who told herself to never cry over books hehe..

Would I still read it? Definitely.. and I'd read slowly too to savour every bit of it =)

No comments: