Sunday, January 18, 2015

Hide and Seek by James Patterson



My first James Patterson!

I was expecting something more gripping but this will do. It has a Sidney Sheldon vibe to it that makes it a rather relaxing read.

The title is a bit confusing though as I didn't see any game of Hide n Seek happening until the very last few pages.

2 things stood out for me, which is not-so-related to the book.

1. It was in the midst of a World Cup in Brazil (which made me check the year it was published haha..) I raised an eyebrow when it said the USA beat Italy 3-2.. But I definitely laughed out loud when it was said that they beat Germany 2-11 in the semis. Seriously? Oh well, fiction kaaan, anything opuld happen.. Though I doubt the two Germany fans back home would be happy with this piece of 'hikayat'

2. The lawyer for Maggie Bradford went by the name JASON WADE! Cue You and Me, You Belong To Me, First Time, Hanging by the Moment, Good Enough and all my favourite Lifehouse songs hehe 

No comments: