Wednesday, January 21, 2015

[Heroes of Olympus] The Demigod Diaries by Rick Riordan



I've never heard of the series until way long after I watched the first movie. Tu pun tgk kt tv, not during the screening kt cinema 

And I've always been fascinated with Greek mythology eversince primary when those were the only books left in the library that I hadn't devoured hehe.. I disagree with the term Greek gods though. Naughty overgrown kids with super powers seem more appropriate 

Nways, these lead me to be curious enough about the Percy Jackson series that I wanted to buy them. However, since its under the childrens book genre, I had second thoughts. I know if I bought one, I'd want to collect the whole set no matter how annoying it turns out to be (read: Twilight)

This book seemed the perfect choice as it wasn't part of the series (at least not officially) so I could test the waters and see if I liked it

I find myself painfully aware that this is a childrens book as I read (this coming from someone who queued in front of a still-closed Popular in the wee hours to get her copy of Harry Potter). It has 3 stories from Rick Riordan himself that any age (Ehem2~) can enjoy. The final story is, however, written by his son, the one who inspired Percy Jackson. I find it amusing that while Riordan Sr wrote it easy enough for a 7-year-old to enjoy, his son's style of writing is more mature. Maybe because his target readers are his peers rather than kids la kot kan hehe..

Anyway, this is good enough to half-convince me to buy the series so, we'll see.. 

No comments: