Friday, January 09, 2015

The Missing Golden Ticket and Other Splendiferous Secrets by Roald Dahl


A very short read, only 118 pages with lotsa illustrations by Quentin Blake. Contains Dahl's notes on each month of the year. It also has 2 candy recipes that seem simple enough for kids to try out. I especially love the discarded chapter from the published Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, just because its been a secret before haha.. The original ending is also quite ok, though the published one is much better by the mile. There's also some bits and pieces of trivia on Roald Dahl that I find amusing.

I think I'll give it.. Hmm.. 3.95  as you won't miss anything much if you don't read it.. But it will definitely complete your Chocolate Factory experience if you're a fan.

P/S "Ages 7 and up" was written on the back. I certainly am..

No comments: