Sunday, September 04, 2005

Cheasapeake Blue - The Quinn Saga

Title: Cheasapeake Blue
Author: Nora Roberts

The amazing Quinn family is back!

Seth, the youngest Quinn, is home for the first time in years. An acclaimed painter, who is blessed with a gift he can't quite explain, Seth is as handsome and dynamic as the other Quinns. He comes home to find things in St. Chris much the same, with the exception of lovely Dru Whitcomb-Banks, a new shopkeeper in town. Dru is not what Seth expected and he soon finds himself drawn to her, despite his unsavory roots. She's carrying quite a bit of baggage herself, but finds that she's falling for him just the same.

Seth as pictured by Nora is a long haired artist, with long, lean, sinewy frame that complements with Dru's elfish-like beauty. With hair that is cropped short, she reminds me of Angelina Jolie in the Hackers. I love that kind of hair style! :P

Nora Roberts had already built a compelling family that intrigued readers through the first of the Chesapeake Bay saga, Sea Swept, Rising Tides and Inner Harbor. This book is in response to overwhelming reader demands (if you see the front page of the book, she dedicates the book to "Every reader who ever asked, "When are you going to write Seth's story?") she writes Seth to be as dreamy and decidedly alpha as the other Quinn men. Dru is a perfect match for Seth, strong willed and determined and also a bit of a lost soul. The combined traits make the couple vibrant and interesting. On top of that, you get to revisit your favorite characters from the first three books and find out what's become of them and their children. Nora's greatest gift is her ability to write a family that keeps the reader's attention.

I wholeheartedly recommend this book to both first time, or habitual Noraholics! If this is your first Nora book, I suggest that you read the first three in the saga before reading Chesapeake Blue. You'll find your enjoyment of the story even greater having met the secondary characters before.

Nora's done it again!

p.s I have been reading a few on the shelf for a while romance novels. Didn't have much time to go out and buy a new book except for The Wives of Bath. Will definately go back to Populat soon... muahahahahaha!!!! Do enjoy.... the type of book that does not need to think but enjoy as majalah picisan! :P

4 comments:

~The Urban Factor~ said...

@#$#^%($&^)$^*..Grrrr....ingatkan ada real comment rupa rupanya @#!%&@$*%*$^

Ayu Ikhwani said...

How come we're getting these kind'a comments nowadays? Canner nak block eh?

Ayu Ikhwani said...

Ok.. one question thats been gnawing into me eversice I first set my eyes on this word.. forgive my ignorance, but what IS majalah picisan? You seem to really favour that word I'm feeling quite dumb here, being 'bodoh sombong' not making the effort to find what it means..

Haha, at first I thought I could pretend that I understood it, but now, its driving me crazy waaaa.. tell me la!

Soraya said...

majalah picisan... I remembered that word during high school... when one of my teachers mentioned that as a magazine for light reading... you know something that you read in the toilet or sumthing, when you don't want to be hassled with using your brain to enjoy reading.. hehehehe