Monday, August 15, 2005

The Silver Kiss

Title - The Silver Kiss
Author - same as Blood and Chocolate's

okay, so I am venturing into the underworld-sorta-genre here -- the last time I reviewed was on a book abt werewolves, and now, it's about vampires.

Hold on, it's not meant to be as terrifying and explicit as Dracula, so dun worry. Anyway, the story starts off with Zoe, the heroin, a 17-year-old whose mom is dying, and she felt lost. She had this feeling of people taking her for granted, and that includes her dad and her best friend, Lorraine. Later on, in the midst of the night, she bumped into a creature lurking in the night -- a youthful and beautiful boy -- Simon, the vampire, whose mother was murdered.

Although she had a hard time trusting him at first, well...you can guess what happens next. But is he a really good vampire ala Angel of some sorts, or is he trying to trick her into his trap? Is his stories of his little brother, the evil Christopher true? Is she falling in love with the most unimaginable creature she could have ever known?

Well...it's up to you, if you wanna know the rest of the story, pick this up.

I have one word. Sad.
Go figure.

2 comments:

Bal said...

Haha, 'sad' is an understatement, luv. And Angel is not like Simon at all. Angel is... well, a different and much longer story. But Simon's story, I think is much much much sadder than Angel's. Hurry up and finish Smoke Jumper and tell me if it's worth reading! (I haven't read it yet!)

Anonymous said...

I noe, I noe...I juz dunno how 2 put it into words laa...and Smoke Jumper? Oh dear. That, you have to wait.