Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The Sight

Title: The Sight
Author: David Clement-Davies

Hullo ppl! You guys must be wondering wtf is this girl writing a completely absurd review of a 2002-published book when HPHBP is currently the most talked about book of 2005. Outdated, some might say, but I think there's no need for a bunch of HP reviews...cuz if I start to write abt it, I'll whine. And seriously, you'll not like it when I whine.

So what's "The Sight"all about? It's supposed to be a children's book (Just like HP was supposed to be), but it must appeal to werewolf fans (my friend recommended me this particular book), and since I'm quite one myself, I wondered how come I've never read this book b4. Frankly speaking, I didn't quite notice the cover for a while until I examined it, and I realized, that I've read magnificent reviews of this book sumwhere, a long, long time ago. (Yellow eyes of a wolf staring ryte atcha!)

Anyway, it's about a pack of wolves (or Vargs, rather) which has their own beliefs in Gods like Tor and Fenris, and how this particular belief pushed away all their superstitions of prophecies and such. The most popular, and feared superstition of all (which is told to the cubs usually to scare them) is The Sight, the ability to see the future, past, make a pact with birds, see through birds' eyes, etc.) One of the members of the pack, named Morgra was condemned for having The Sight, which is also related to an Evil Spirit called Wolfbane. She was wrongly accused and left out of injustice, and her anger led to manipulating her powers for evil.

Note that females are called Drappa, and males are called Dragga. Animals are called Lera, while Putnars are commonly hunters. Anyway, Morgra's brother is Huttser, whose mate is Palla. Now, this Palla, gave birth to two cubs, a Dragga and a Drappa. The Dragga cub's name is Fell, while the Drappa's name is Larka. Their elderly nurse, Brassa, could sense that one of these cubs has The Sight. It is said that a prophecy long forgotten will come true, and it is going to be a battle of which one between the wolves who possess The Sight could fulfill it.

Due to this, and the confrontation/hatred towards Morgra, the pack had to travel together in order to save themselves from Man traps, Morgra, and anything else that comes in their way. Man and Wolf are related quite closely in this tale, of fantasy and unexpected events that happen in their excursion of separating the truth from lies, and good from evil. Will Larka, Fell, and their friend Kar survive? What actually happened to Morgra, and who the heck is Wolfbane? You gotta read this one, guys. It's kinda complicated to tell the whole story, so, just pick this one up.

And soz, no HP review from me. My heart is shattered to pieces.

3 comments:

Garrion said...

YES!!! ANOTHER fan of the Sight! Well, since you've got malay friends i take it you're a malaysian as well. Its very rare to find a fan of the soght in malaysia. Most of the people never even heard it before!

Okay i admit, i was one of those people but a friend introduced it to me and i was like what the hell i've got time to kill and so read it and fell in love with the storyline! I give it a full 10 out of 10!

KyleWorthington said...

Yep, I'm a Malaysian indeed, and proud of it. Actually, Bal introduced me to it laa...but like I've said, it's a relli familiar book...as if I've read it b4 in another dimension or something...

Bal said...

Shah, that's because she borrowed the book from me. (rolls eyes) Haha, glad you liked it!